Yes, you heard right - crazy socks. By know you must have seen them in the office, at some after work bar or at the park.
Style has evolved, now socks are part of the hole outfit not just a way of keeping your feet warm. Colorful socks are great ice breakers making it easier to start a conversation.
Did you know that people in the office tend to trust more in people who wear colorful socks? This is because they are seen as being more competent, creative and not afraid to stand out.
So if you want to upgrade your business game, a pair of colorful socks can be the answer. So throw your old boring white pair and start mixing.
Here are some tips you can follow when you're not so sure where to start.
1. Use them to brighten up your outfit: If you're wearing a classic grey suit opt for a pop of color to brighten up the entire look; like a pair of hot pink socks with a pattern to add a twist to your outfit.
2. Another way is to create contrast: You don't want to look like you only know how to use one color and give the impression that you're a plain wall of color. In this case look for colors that go well together and create an important visual contrast. Just remember to match it with the color of the suit.
3. Match the pattern of your socks with one of your outfit's: You should never wear more than two patterns when trying to match them with your socks. In this case opt for the same type of pattern in your shirt or tie to your socks. If you're doing stripes stay with that, maybe change the direction of the stripes and color but keep the pattern the same.
4. Match your socks to your shirt or tie: In this case it's all about the color, so wear your socks in the same tone of your shirt or tie. Just don't over do it by wearing the same color in the rest of the outfit.
5. Go casual: This trend can be worn in every type of environment, so don't keep it only for work. Wear them with your pair of chinos or jeans, just remember that the same rule apply.
As you can see they're many ways of wearing crazy socks, but there's one rule that applies to everything, that is that every time you wear colorful socks make sure they're visible. I'm not saying to roll your trousers all the way up but at least roll them up so a tiny part of the sock is visible.
Now you're ready to go, just remember that socks compliment your outfit like a watch or a pocket square. So make sure every element of your outfit goes well with the others, eventhough sometimes you have to break the rules and come up with a unique combination that reflects your style.